The Church complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended). In order to safeguard an individual’s right to privacy, we have created a policy to reflect the spirit and content of the government’s policy legislation. This will ensure we protect the trust you place in us when you provide us with your personal details.
We will use your personal details to provide any personal ministry, to administer your relationship with the church and to provide you with information on Church events and ministries.
We only collect information where it is necessary to do so to provide a service to you or where we are required by law to do so (e.g. staff superannuation and taxation information). Without your personal details we may not be able to interact with you or provide ministry opportunities in a meaningful way.
Access to your personal information is always restricted to those staff and leaders who require the information to provide a service to you. We will not pass on any of your personal details to any other organisation or third party.
Our commitment to privacy includes our internet sites. We have a public web site www.saltministries.org.au which is available to anyone. There is no personal data stored on this site.
There are many sources of information that we collect. The sort of information we may collect includes:
- Name and address
- Family member details
- Details of donations where receipts for taxation purposes are required
- Email address so we can communicate with you
- Communications you have with us (e.g. letters, prayer requests)
- Records of discussions (e.g. counselling sessions) – we will tell you when we keep a record of meetings/discussions
- Your involvement in ministries so we can provide a meaningful ministry relationship
- Records of visits, phone care calls and pastoral matters
- Staff details for superannuation, payroll and taxation purposes.
In order to keep your information as current as possible please let us know of any changes to your personal details.
If you want a copy of this information please write to us and include the pastors / counsellors you deal with. You can request us to modify your personal data at any time if you believe it is not accurate, complete or up to date.
- Such information will relate solely to partners of Salt Ministries Inc. or to those who have regular contact with Salt Ministries Inc. in connection with the church’s activities; and,
- Salt Ministries undertakes to all such individuals whom the information concerns that the church will not disclose such information without the individual’s consent unless required to do so by law.
We will do everything we can do to respect your privacy and will only make your information available to those who have an absolute need to provide a service to you.
Salt Ministries Inc.
Incorporated Association Registration Number: INC9897449
Australian Business Number (ABN): 53 100 288 538
Watch the latest sermon from Salt Ministries. Pastor Peter Dover adds to Pilgrims of Hope with The Unknown -Fear Not!
Watch the latest sermon from Salt Ministries. This week Steve Winter shares a messaage titled "Jesus made me breakfast".